Competition Policy Review
Final Report Consultation
Consultation on Final Harper Final Report
The Final Report of the Harper Competition Policy Review was released on 31 March 2015.
Small Business Minister, Bruce Billson MP, launched a consultation on the Final Report on the same day.
While indicating that the Government supports the broad direction of the Competition Policy Review's Final Report, the consultation sought feedback on the final recommendations 'and issues concerning small businesses, especially where there have been changes since the draft report', which will inform the Government's response to the report later this year.
Treasury received 140 submissions; all but eight of which are available on the Treasury website:
Some organisations have also posted their submissions on their own sites:
- Arnold Bloch Leibler submission to Treasury on the Competition Policy Review - Final Report (27 May 2015)
- Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry Response to Competition Policy Review - Final Report (May 2015) (or direct PDF link)
- Australian Competition & Consumer Commission Submission to Treasury on the findings of the Competition Policy Review (29 May 2015)
- Australian Copyright Council Submission in Response to Competition Review Final Report (May 2015)
- Australian Dental Association submission in relation to the Competition Policy Review Final Report (22 May 2015)
- Business Council of Australia Submission to the Department of Treasury on the Final Report of the Competition Policy Review (May 2015)
- Cancer Council of NSW Submission to the Australian Government on the Competition Policy Review Final Report (25 May 2015)
- Community Council for Australia Submission to the Treasury and the Minister for Small Business (May 2015)
- Consumer Action Law Centre Submission on Competition Policy Review Final Report (May 2015)
- Copyright Agency Response to Competition Policy Review Final Report (May 2015)
- FARE's submission to Treasury on the Competition Policy Review Final Report (May 2015)
- Insurance Council of Australia submission on Competition Policy Review Final Report (22 May 2015)
- NAAA, PHAA and McCusker Centre joint submission to Treasury on the National Competition Policy Review Final Report (26 May 2015)
Interested parties could make submissions until 26 May 2015
The following non-confidential submissions were received:
AGL Ai Group Alcohol Policy Coalition Allens Anglicare Australia Arnold Bloch Leibler Asciano ASTRA Aurizon, Asciano, ARTC Australasian Association of Convenience Stores Australia Post Australian and International Pilots Association Australian Automobile Association Australian Bankers' Association Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry Australian Chicken Growers Council Australian Competition and Consumer Commission Australian Copyright Council Australian Council of Trade Unions Australian Dairy Farmers Australian Dental Association Australian Digital Alliance and Australian Libraries Copyright Committee Australian Fleet Lessors Association Australian Forest Products Association Australian Logistics Council Australian National Retailers Association Australian Newsagents' Federation Australian Publishers Association Australian Screen Association Australian Society of Authors Australian Taxi Industry Association Australian Trucking Association Beaton-Wells, Caron and Fisse, Brent Board of Airline Representatives of Australia Boral Brisbane City Council Brotherhood of St Laurence BSA The Software Alliance Buchan, Jenny Business Council of Australia Business Council of Co-operatives and Mutuals Business SA Cairns Regional Council Cancer Council NSW CHOICE Community Council for Australia Competitive Carriers' Coalition Inc Consumer Action Law Centre Copyright Agency Cotton Australia Customer Owned Banking Association DEXCL Drug Policy Modelling Program and National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre Elliott, Professor Elizabeth Energy Networks Association Engineers Australia Ferris, Dr Jason Foundation for Alcohol Research and Education Foxtel Hirsch, Ted iiNet Insurance Council of Australia Jemena Jobs Australia Large Format Retail Association Law Council of Australia - Business Law Section - Competition and Consumer Committee Law Council of Australia - Business Law Section - Intellectual Property Committee Law Council of Australia - Business Law Section - SME Committee LifeHealthcare Llew, Russell Local Government Association of Queensland Master Builders of Australia Master Grocers Australia Medical Technology Association of Australia Microsoft, Facebook, Twitter and Yahoo!7 Moreton Bay Regional Council Morrison, Christopher National Automotive Leasing and Salary Packaging Association National Billing Group National Farmers' Federation National Insurance Brokers Association of Australia National Rural Health Alliance NSW Small Business Commissioner Office of the Australian Information Commissioner Office of the Australian Small Business Commissioner Optometry Australia Optus Origin Energy Peters, Michael Pharmacy Council of NSW Pharmacy Guild of Australia Planning Institute Australia Plastics and Chemicals Industries Association Potts Point and Kings Cross Heritage Conservation Society Professional Contractors and Consultants Australia QANTAS QBE Queensland Consumers' Association Queensland Government Queensland Law Society Quo, Dr Shirley Regional Banks (Bank of Queensland, Bendigo and Adelaide Bank, ME Bank and Suncorp Bank) Retail Guild of Australia Rio Tinto Royal Australian College of Surgeons Seddon, Dr Nick Shipping Australia Shopping Centre Council of Australia Spier Consulting Legal St Vincents Health Standards Australia Suncorp Supply Chain and Logistics Association of Australia Sydney Airport Tasmanian Pharmacy Authority Taxi Council Queensland Taylor, Dr Martyn Telstra The Co-op Transport Reform Network Uber UnitingCare Victorian Caravan Parks Association Victorian Small Business Commissioner Virgin Australia Water Services Association of Australia Wesfarmers Woodward, Luke and Rubenstein, Matt Woolworths Yeates, Sarah Ziller, Dr Alison